Our client is an award winning and innovative all Ireland food production business with a global client base. Due to the redeployment of their current Management Accountant into a Financial Systems role an opening has arisen to join the team with a focus on factory accountants. This is a hands on role and we require someone who has strong technical ability and a can do attitude. Main duties will include:-
- Maintain a high level of financial control and provide accurate, relevant and timely information on cost and factory performance.
- Provision of accurate, meaningful and relevant information on the factory performance
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the manufacturing and financial operations
- Areas that will be covered include Stock records, Control and allocation of expenditure for factory operations, Intercompany sales invoice processing & accurate and timely monthly management accounts
- Maintenance of an accurate, meaningful and relevant costing system, allowing for accurate product costings
- Ensure that all legal and audit requirements associated with the factory accounting function, including Health & Safety are met
- Training of employees in other departments and across the group on financial control and cost issues
- Proactive contribution to continuous improvement in all areas of the manufacturing operation;
- Progress relevant financial “ad-hoc” issues arising in a timely, effective manner
- Maintain regular contact with the Management Accountant; Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Develop own performance by completing relevant learning and development activities
- You will be fully qualified with experience in a manufacturing environment.
- You will be strong Excel user and have proven IT skills including ERP systems experience
Please contact Sara McKinty in confidence for further information – email@example.com