Belfast City Centre
£26-36k Depending on experience
Our client has been ranked No 1 Third Party Administrator with a varied portfolio of services within the specialist pension’s arena. Some of the services they offer include:-
- Pensions administration
- Third party outsourcing
- Scam identification
- Payroll services
- Pension scheme accounting
- De-risking projects
- Technical support
We are seeking 3 strong technical Financial Accountants who will join this very successful pension’s administration business as they embark on their expansion in Northern Ireland.
Main duties will include
- Preparing pension scheme Trustee Report & Accounts.
- Reconciling investment transactions.
- Preparing all the necessary working papers & reconciliations of the financial statements.
- Liaising with auditors and investment managers.
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns (SA970).
- Providing assistance with cash books and pensioner payrolls.
- Ensuring company policies and working procedures are implemented and adhered to by self.
- Forging strong working relationships with other teams in order to provide a total service to our clients. E.g. Administration, Payroll, Client Banking, Actuaries.
- Ensuring the accurate updating of time recording system (Virtual Office) for both chargeable and non-chargeable activities.
Knowledge & experience
- A proven accounting background gained within either an accounting practice or a third party Financial Services provider.
- Experience should include a broad knowledge of accounting techniques including reconciliation, year-end processes etc.
- Previous Pensions Fund Accounting (PFA) experience would be desirable although not essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Previous experience of checking work of other team members.
Training, education & qualification
- Studying towards or have obtained a recognised accountancy qualification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc. (Although, applicants deemed ‘qualified by experience’ would be considered.)
Please email your cv to Sara McKinty in strictest confidence – firstname.lastname@example.org