Financial Accountant (Industry Post/Financial Services)
Our client is a growing international company that provides financial reporting services to clients across the world. They have offices in over 10 international locations and works across 30 countries+ . They are a truly international company and offer good career development prospects.
Ideal Candidate – This role would be perfect for a newly or 1 year post qualified accountant who enjoys financial /statutory reporting rather than management accounts. Someone with strong balance sheet and P&L focus and also an understanding of FRS102. You will also enjoy working closely with your dedicated client base assisting them with monthly close and board reporting and year end full accounts.
University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Maths or otherwise demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy
- Day to day responsibility for the management of designated Private Equity or Real Estate Clients
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and reports
- Work closely with your line Manager and Technical & Training Team to ensure financial statements meet the Funds’ reporting requirements, eg UK GAAP or IFRS
- Review drawdown calculations to ensure accuracy of figures as Funds seek access to their commitments from investors
- Review distribution calculations to ensure the flow of funds from the sale of an investment are accurately recorded so that proceeds are appropriately allocated and paid to investors
- Ensure the accurate communication of all cash movements between the Fund and its Investors through the issuance of relevant notices to investors
- Oversee the preparation and completion process of Client deliverables including agreeing time tables with Clients, and thereafter monitoring progress against these to ensure deliverables are on track
- Conduct weekly Client calls with CFO or Financial controller to ensure open and effective communication at all times
- Responsible for the training and development of junior team members. Lead staff appraisals, effectively providing feedback, support and setting objectives
- Gain a good understanding of the accounting framework for each designated client (as prescribed in the Fund’s legal documentation, the LPA) and ensure the movement of funds and transactions are treated in accordance with this framework
- Contribute ideas to improve processes to either gain efficiencies or reduce risk
To find out more about this position please email your CV to Sara McKinty – email@example.com