Accountant (Financial and Management Accounts)
Our client has an impressive client list – from multinational and growth-focused entrepreneurs to fashion icons and due to their departments continued growth they are seeking a professional accountant to work within their outsourced finance, HR and payroll services team in Belfast. In this role you would be tasked with providing a high quality accounting service to a wide range of clients which will cover both management and financial accounts.
The type of work will include:-
- Processing accounting records
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Preparing management and statutory accounts
- Cash flow forecasts
- VAT returns.
- Provide clients with an excellent level of service and ensuring all work is completed efficiently, effectively, and in compliance with company and industry regulations and work closely with junior members of the team to ensure their continual development.
- The role will suit an intelligent individual with experience providing a high standard of service to a portfolio of clients within a fast-paced accountancy environment.
Purpose of the role
- Take responsibility for the delivery of services
- Share principal client contact responsibilities and be responsible for developing a strong client relationship.
- On all engagements, support the team in the timely and high-quality provision of day to day accounting services to clients.
- Prepare accurate management accounts, adding value wherever possible (technical, problem solving).
- Schedule, supervise, and review work to ensure appropriate standards are met.
- Ensure effective controls are in place to ensure compliance of Tax and Accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure client deadlines & expectations are met
- High quality service provided to all clients (client focus, attention to detail/quality).
- Monitor the workloads of assistant team members and provide cover where necessary.
- Review work undertaken by the assistant team members, providing feedback and development objectives
- Assist in ensuring the performance of the team is controlled and monitored against set targets and procedures.
- Conduct an analytical review of the P&L, variance analysis and appropriate commentary.
- Take responsibility for all balance sheet and payroll reconciliations.
- VAT returns preparation,
- EC sales list,
- P11d’s and intra stat accounts preparation
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the management accounts including entries instructed by the client
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business
- Train and develop the team on an ongoing basis, identifying individuals’ strengths and development areas.
- Ensure the team is aware of its priorities and goals, and that team members are working together to achieve these.
- Assistance with providing tax team information to complete P11D’s/PSA
- Ensuring adherence to relevant client policies regarding approval for payment of requested items
- Qualified or part qualified in CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Ability to think logically and demonstrate problem solving skills
This hands on technical and added value role will allow you to utilize extensive technical skills along with the softer side of account management. You will work with a growing and well qualified team of accounting professionals and be encouraged to learn and develop new skills and attributes.
Please email your CV to Sara McKinty – email@example.com in strictest confidence