Audit Supervisor (Temporary)
Salary c.£26K – £35K DOE
Assisting the Audit Manager to facilitate the effective delivery of high-quality audit assignments to fieldwork complete and draft report stage. Providing supervision and direction to field auditors during each audit assignment.
- Develop and lead a broad range of risk-based audit assignments of a complex/ad-hoc and often non-financial nature; verifications of controls assurance standards.
- Conducting investigations and consultancy assignments.
- Leading concurrent assignments ensuring effective and efficient use of time and resources.
- Responsibility for the operational management of allocated audit plans.
- Day-to-day supervision of audit staff allocated to each audit assignment.
- Gathering information and data from a range of clients, performing detailed analysis to inform judgements on adequacy of systems of internal control.
- Drafting reports for clients, Directors and Audit Committees that include an audit opinion and practicable recommendations to address all risk and control weaknesses identified.
- Workload planning to ensure that assignments are satisfactorily completed.
- Reporting value-adding audit recommendations that improve operations to a diverse client base.
- Coaching and development of junior staff.
- Providing on-the-job training to staff.
- Candidates must be part qualified with a CCAB accountancy body, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants or the Institute of Internal Auditors or be a qualified Accounting Technician. With at least two years internal audit/finance experience.
- Five years plus experience working as an internal auditor
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Good knowledge / experience of ICT and computing systems.
- Knowledge of professional auditing and accounting standards and guidelines.
To apply for this role please forward your CV ASAP to Paul Coulter at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel on 078 0384 3023 to discuss further.
Applications for this role will be considered immediately with a view to placing the right individual ASAP, so please register your interest early. Please note, the opening may close in advance of advertised closing date – this is a guideline only.