Belfast (Boucher area)
6 Month Contract
We are working with a leading well-respected successful NI business brand to recruit a bright and assertive Accounts Administrator to work within their busy Finance function.
Your focus will be to maintain accurate records of purchase ledger; however the role also involves reconciling supplier balances and processing payments as well as other ad hoc duties to assist the accounts team. Where required, training will be provided; as such, this is an excellent opportunity to gain strong experience in all aspects of accounting in a large business.
- Register and allocate all purchase invoices to appropriate manager for approval.
- Process all invoices on a daily basis
- Pass and post those invoices previously registered.
- Verify Sublet Invoices.
- Constant management of registered and unprocessed invoices.
- Keep accountant informed of progress.
- Maintain cost analysis.
- Allocate costs to vehicles and prepare monthly journals for posting.
Reconcile Supplier Balances to Statement
- Reconcile all direct debit remittances to supplier balances
- On a monthly basis reconcile all supplier balances to statement.
- Follow-up and post all reconciling items to ensure complete reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Generate payment proposal report on a monthly basis and submit to Company Accountant for approval in the last week of each month.
- Generate cheque payments and remittance advice from approved payment report.
- Obtain authorised signatures for payments.
- Post payments as advised by Company Accountant.
- Post and allocate direct payments from the bank statements.
- Help to maintain cheque requisitions and update cheque journal.
- Administer petty cash transactions.
- Allocate all AFRL invoices as necessary to relevant records.
- Process cheque requisitions where required.
- Assist with the processing, allocation and lodgement daily cash lodgements.
- Complete Intercompany reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Carry out ad-hoc cost analysis & reviews, as directed by Company Accountant
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Practical knowledge of computerised accounts packages.
- Excellent keyboard skills to include use of spreadsheets.
- Good communication skills and excellent telephone manner.
- Strong & diligent work ethic with a good eye for detail.
- Experience as working as part of a busy team.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi task.
- At least 1 years’ experience in an accounts/admin role gained in a busy office environment.
- Working knowledge of Kerridge/ADP would be beneficial.
- Experience of working with cash and/or bank lodgements.
- Motor Trade experience.
This is an excellent opportunity in renowned business and the successful candidate will enjoy working from first class facilities in a positive and professional working environment. An attractive benefits package is also on offer for this role.
To apply for this role please forward your CV ASAP to Paul Coulter at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel on 078 0384 3023 to discuss further.
Applications for this role will be considered immediately with a view to placing the right individual ASAP, so please register your interest early. Please note, the opening may close in advance of advertised closing date – this is a guideline only.